In-person Registration for Trips and Classes with Fees Only
To offer bus trips and classes with fees fairly, we need you to sign up for those classes yourself. Thus, we are having in-person registration only to sign up for trips and classes with fees. With the intent to limit the number of members attending in-person registration and the length of those members’ stay, we are adjusting the rules. Please read those that follow carefully. If you have questions, contact Elizabeth at email@example.com or (715) 874-5633.
1. We will not be handling memberships at in-person registration. If you need to renew or apply for membership, do so by mail before in-person registration. You may print out the membership form on the “How to Become a Member” page on this site and send it in anytime. Be sure to send it to Elizabeth’s address listed in the middle of the form.
3. Here are the procedures on February 23. The doors open at 9:00. If you arrive before that time, wait in your car. The doors will be locked. Wear a mask. Once you are in the building, get in line for admission to the registration tables. If you have difficulty standing, we have a place for you to sit and will hold your place in line. Just ask.
4. We will be letting members into the room to stand in line at the table for their top priority class/trip at 9:30 a.m. If you think the line for your number one selection is too long and you don’t think you can get into the class/trip, go to the second one on your list. As soon as everyone has lined up in an orderly fashion, we will start sign-up. Do not start sign up until those manning the sign-up sheets in front of you say that you may do so. Registration ends at 10:15 a.m.
5. Register at either the Menomonie or Eau Claire in-person registration location for all classes with fees and trips. Split the classes/trips with limits with a buddy who also wants to attend them. You get in one line, and your buddy gets in the other. Then you sign up for each other.
Remember classes with limits are split half to Menomonie and half to Eau Claire. For example, if a class has a limit of 30, 15 sign-ups will be available at in-person registration in Menomonie and 15 will be available in Eau Claire. Plan your sign-up accordingly.
6. Have your checks ready before you arrive. Do not slow up the line by writing them out at the tables. If you bring your registration for non-fee classes and trips, you may leave it in a basket designated for that purpose. Be sure you have your name and membership number on every page so that we know it came from you.
7. When you are finished, grab a cookie and a cup of coffee to take with you if you like, but, for once, please do not linger to socialize. Although this goes against CVLR’s mission of offering social opportunities, this time stay safe and head out.
8. If you do not feel comfortable attending in-person registration but want to take a trip or a class with a fee, mail in your registration and include a separate check for each class/trip. We will add these to the sign-up sheets after in-person and let you know if you got in. Mail your registration as soon as possible because after in-person we give priority by date of arrival.
9. We request that you only sign up for classes you know you will attend. If others interest you and you find later that you have the time to attend, watch for “These classes next week have openings” e-mail. Inflated class sizes prompt us to make preparations to accommodate more. If the class has a limit and you do not show up, you have taken the spot of someone else who really wanted to take the class.
10. Instead of wait lists at registration, we will offer a wait list via the weekly “These classes next week have openings” two or three weeks before the class or trip. Watch for these wait-list opportunities.