Access the layout for Menomonie registration here
Access the layout for Eau Claire registration here
Steps to Register for Spring/Summer Classes and Trips
1. Do not renew your membership if you renewed it last fall. If you need to renew it, check out pages 28-29.
2. Select the classes and trips that you want and list them in order of priority.
3. Attend in-person registration in particular to sign up for trips, classes with fees, and any classes that have limits.
4. Write a separate check for each class with a fee or trip for mail-in registration and before attending in-person registration. Having your check ready speeds up the process at in-person.
5. Split your sign up for trips and classes with fees with another CVLR member at in-person registration. That way you are bothmore likely to get the offerings you want. Use that person’s membership number and name when registering for him or her.
6. Print out and review the layout of registration to determine your course of action at in-person registration.
7. Register in person Wednesday, February 22.
8. Mail your registration as soon as possible. If you don’t attend in-person registration, mail your registration early. After in-person registration is complete, mail-in’s priority is assigned by date received.
Before You Get to In-person Registration
If you are a new member or need to renew your membership, either send in your membership renewal at least a week before registration to Elizabeth whose address is on the membership renewal form or come early to registration and do so on site. Membership opens at 9:00 a.m. at both locations.
Before registration, select your classes and list them in order of priority for you.
Have your checks for any classes or trips with fees ready when you walk into registration. Put the class/trip number and your member number on the check.
Access the map. For both cities, we have planned where the sign-up sheets for each offering will be placed and created a map showing their location. You can access these maps at cvlr.org under “How to Register.” Go to the site, find the map for your city, click on it, and print it out. Use it to discover where your priority classes/trips are located and plan your sign-up. We will also have them available at the door at registration.
Sign up for classes you know you will attend. If others interest you and you find later that you are able to attend, watch for “These classes next week have openings” e-mail and respond to it. If the class has a limit and you do not show up, you have taken the spot of someone else who really wanted to take the class.
Procedure at In-person Registration February 22
The doors open at 9:00. If you arrive before that time, wait in your car. The doors will be locked. Once you are in the building, get in line for admission to the registration tables. If you have difficulty standing, we have a place for you to sit and will hold your place in line. Just ask.
We will be letting members into the room to stand in line at the table for their top priority class/trip at 9:30 a.m. If you think the line for your number one selection is too long and you don’t think you can get into the class/trip, go to the second one on your list. As soon as everyone has lined up in an orderly fashion, we will start sign up, anywhere between 9:30 and 9:45. Do not start sign up until those manning the sign-up sheets in front of you say that you may do so. Registration ends at 10:30 a.m.
Important Information about Classes with Limits
Register at either the Menomonie or Eau Claire in-person registration location for the entire line-up of classes and trips. Split the classes/trips with limits with a buddy who also wants to attend them. You get in one line, and your buddy gets in the other. Then you sign up for each other.
Remember classes with limits are split half to Menomonie and half to Eau Claire. For example, if a class has a limit of 30, 15 sign-ups will be available at in-person registration in Menomonie and 15 will be available in Eau Claire. Plan your sign-up accordingly.
If you do not get into a limited offering, sign up on its yellow Overflow Sheet. These sheets are to handle a situation where one location receives more than its limit in sign-ups and the other has fewer. In that case we use the names on the Overflow Sheet to fill the openings from the location that did not reach its limit. If a fee is required for the class, leave your check with the Overflow Sheet. You will be informed within a couple of days if you are in the class or not. If you are not, your check will be returned.
If You Cannot Attend In-person Registration…
If you cannot attend in-person registration but want to take a trip or a class with a fee, mail in your registration and include a separate check for each class or trip. We will add mail-ins to the sign-up sheets after in-person registration and let you know if you got in. Mail your registration as soon as possible because after in-person registration we give priority to mail-in registrations by date of arrival.