A Wealth of Ideas
Take a thorough look through the offerings available to you this spring/summer term. I’m sure you will be amazed at the range of tremendous topics and wonder how we always come up with such a wealth of ideas. That is mainly due to the diligence of the coordinators who volunteer their time and expertise to the programs. I also credit those members who are more and more willing to take the next step and present sessions of interest to our group. Having this abundance of experiences, skills, and knowledge close at hand is a wonderful resource for CVLR. Our fine membership and spirit of volunteerism make our organization supreme!
Sharon R. Lowry
How to Register for the Spring/Summer 2019 Term
If you wish to join or renew your membership in Chippewa Valley Learning in Retirement, go to the How to Become a Member page, print out the membership form for Spring/Summer 2019, complete it, and send it along with your $20 membership fee for Spring/Summer 2019 to Elizabeth Fischer, Member Services. Her address is in the middle of the membership form.
Below are the dates for the release of materials for Spring/Summer 2019.
- The booklet for Spring/Summer 2019 was mailed to members February 6.
- This site has the Spring/Summer 2019 schedule on it. You will find downloadable copies of the entire booklet and the calendar on both the Menomonie and Eau Claire Schedule pages.
- Registration for Spring/Summer 2019 is Wednesday, February 27, at both the Menomonie and Eau Claire locations. Look at the How to Register page for more information.
- If you cannot attend in-person registration, the other way to register is by mail. See the How to Register page for more information.
Steps to Register for Spring/Summer Classes and Trips
1. Do not renew your membership if you renewed it last fall.
2. Select the classes and trips that you want and list them in order of priority.
3. Write a separate check for each class or trip before in-person registration. Having your check ready will speed up the process.
4. Split your sign up for classes and trips with limits with another CVLR member. That way you are both more likely to get the offerings
5. Print out and review the layout of registration to determine your course of action at registration. Find it on the How to Register page.l
6. Register in person Wednesday, February 27. You may also register for one other person. Use that person’s membership number and name when registering for him or her.
7. Attend in-person registration if at all possible. Since we operate on volunteer effort, your participation at in-person registration takes pressure off our volunteers. If you absolutely cannot attend, then mail in your registration. In-person and mail-in are the ONLY two ways to register. In-person registrations get priority over mail-in registrations.